The Best Wheelchair Ramp In 2020
If you regularly use a wheelchair, you’ll understand that mobility and accessibility are essential if you don’t want to depend on someone else to help you go up steps or get inside the car. Once you find the best wheelchair ramp, your life will dramatically change. These wheelchair ramps will assist you to enter properties with independence and ease. The best aluminum wheelchair ramps for homes come in various shapes and sizes, offering different functionalities. While the main purpose of a portable wheelchair ramp is to allow scooters, wheelchairs and even walkers to go up and down stairs or get inside vehicles, they also help in several other ways.
Are you looking for a great wheelchair ramp bargain? Then check out today’s top deals below. Or to read our guide and tips on buying wheelchair ramp equipment, please click here.
Generally speaking, a metal wheelchair ramp enables the elderly and physically disabled people to enjoy complete freedom and also move in around the home freely with a lot of ease. It’s not only cost-effective but also a practical solution that will ensure ones mobility is enhanced. By installing an aluminum wheelchair ramp, wheelchair users can easily access the steps, sliding glass doors, ceiling and doorways and even raised buildings with ease. A licensed and experienced equipment dealer will offer to provide you with the best installation services. They will also help you choose a temporary wheelchair ramp based on what your needs. If you are shopping for the best wheelchair ramp, click here to read our in-depth review about some of the best.
Benefits of a removable wheelchair ramp
• Increases mobility. When it comes to the outdoor wheelchair ramp, this is the main benefit since it helps the disabled and elderly to leave and enter their residences comfortably. These best portable wheelchair ramps can minimize the risk of accidents and injuries during the trips to and from the market, hospitals and other places that they normally visit. Also, older adults who are living alone or with some people will find these wheelchair ramps a very good thing.
• Material choices. A foldable wheelchair ramp may be made of steel or aluminum, rubber material or treated wood. Apart from boosting your mobility, wheelchair ramp will also add beauty and style to even austere places. More so, some indoor wheelchair ramps, especially the wooden ones will harmonize your indoor patios and decks. With several features that they come with they are not only durable but robust as well. In fact, with the best aluminum wheelchair ramps for sale, you can even enter a building using a heavy scooter.
• Easy to install. One of the best things about wheelchair ramps for steep stairs is that they can easily be installed. Cheap wheelchair ramps can be divided into two light sections each with their own carrying handle to make it easy to transport, store and install them anywhere that you want in the home. This makes them change with the changing times.
• Convenient to all. Your loved ones and other caregivers will find lightweight wheelchair ramp highly beneficial since they can be used to transport furnishings, equipment, groceries, and other items out there. This makes it quite possible to save time and effort while carrying out the daily tasks out there.
• They enhance resale value. If you install high-quality wheelchair ramp with rails in your home you can significantly increase the resale value of that home. This is because you’ll make your home more appealing to the prospective buyers who have a family member using crutches, wheelchair, and scooter or a walker. By increasing the resale value of your home it can bring more benefit to your home.
• You can use one to access the outdoors. Exiting and entering a house that has steps can be a bit hard for wheelchair users. Ramps will make it easy and safe thus allow you to live a more fulfilled life of freedom so you can come and go as they please. In addition, door ramps for wheelchairs will provide you with access to the outdoors where you can enjoy the sunshine, fresh air, and other outdoor activities.
• Enter and exit a car with ease. With the best wheelchair ramps for sale, one can easily enter and exit a car with ease. In fact, there are that are specifically designed for SUVs cars and vans. The type of removable wheelchair ramp used depends on the car, wheelchair user and safety measures. Generally, the ramps that are designed for automobiles will allow the user enter and exit easily and even give them a chance to drive the car unaided.
• Run errands without assistance. Portable wheelchair ramps for steps installed in the car or house will give the user the freedom and independence to run their errands without any assistance. Daily tasks such as going to the mailbox, grocery shopping and running other errands becomes easy.
Types of wheelchair ramps
Since there are various types of wheelchair ramps in the market, you need to look at the options and makes an informed decision based on your needs. Here are the main types in the market
Threshold wheelchair ramps
Threshold wheelchair ramps can either be metal or rubber and are meant to lie against the lip of a curb or door threshold. Typically, they are lightweight and measures between ½ and 6 inches in height hence can be used on both the outside and the inside of the house. Overall, they are cost-effective simple solutions for those who are using walker, wheelchair or scooter to maneuver past the small barrier. By getting a small threshold to fold up wheelchair ramp you can significantly improve the ease of access to your family and friends homes.
Folding wheelchair ramps
Folding wheelchair ramps consists of either tri-fold or bi-fold wheelchair ramps with a hinge between the two panels. Although the tri-fold ramps have three folds, the bi-fold ones only fold over once. However, since the folding ramps are not ADA compliant and do not have handrails, they should only be installed for personal use. They can, therefore, be placed over a small set of stairs that lead to home or used to access the wheelchair accessible vans.
Suitcase Wheelchair ramps
This refers to a folding ramp that comes with handles for easy transportation. Typically, it’s between 2 and 6 feet long and can support about 800 pounds. Since it can be laid directly over some small set of steps, it’s quite ideal for home access. Since it’s not ADA complaint it’s not suitable for commercial use.
Telescoping Wheelchair ramps
Telescoping wheelchair ramps are made of two separate narrow channels that can extend and retract to fit the required height. The channels are normally placed side and line up with the wheels of a wheelchair. These types’ ramps are typically used for access into a wheelchair accessible. However, they are ideal for scooters as wheels are often not in line with each other.
A modular is usually larger and more permanent fixture than the above. However, since it can be disassembled and reassembled, it does not require a permit.
It’s normally constructed out of ramp sections built offsite and then taken to the site for speedy assembly. The best material used for these kinds of wheelchair ramps is aluminum.
These refer to the ramps made from concrete or wood and cannot be adjusted or moved once they’ve been constructed in place. As compare to the modular ramps they are constructed completely on-site which means the construction and ye installation takes much, long time. Thee ramps are typically used for residences where aesthetics are much more important than code compliance and longevity.
The requirements for wheelchair ramp construction
When it comes to moving your wheelchair in and out of the building, you need to stop using the bizarre methods that are you are used to. Methods such as getting strong men to help pick up the chair or using a couple of boards are all not safe methods. Both these styles and even other styles that you could be using should be avoided at all costs. Since we are talking about the lives that are already fragile you need to handle them with lots of care. It’s, therefore, important to invest in the best wheelchair ram so you help protect the lives of your loved one.
It’s very important that a point of entry and exit all public utility structures be designed with the best wheelchair ramps. This will make access to these places by everybody irrespective of their health status should be easy. Folding wheelchair ramps should also be installed in private buildings such as businesses, schools, hospitals, and even other places. While those who use wheelchairs have used them for long they’ve been suffering silently since they are not taken into consideration during the construction of these buildings. It’s only fair to make them part of everything by constructing the best wheelchair ramps that they can use. Most people who need wheelchair ramps are particularly unable to climb upstairs hence they may not even get employment in such places.
Before buying the best collapsible wheelchair ramp especially the portable ones you need to seek expert advice. Such people will significantly help you in your search so you can get the best solution. It’s important to get lessons on how to use it so as to ensure that you are able to use it and secure well. The worst thing is to install mobility ramps for wheelchairs that you are able to use well. In a home where there are many aged are found, it’s a must to have metal wheelchair ramps for homes. These are very important to help them move from one pace to another. If you love to volunteer or server others you can take this opportunity to. There are also homes to the disabled where people can still get a chance to volunteer or have their relatives go there.
Check out today’s top 10 wheelchair ramp deals below…
- Maximum 1/2" - 3/4" rise for occupied wheelchair or scooter passage
- Great for transitioning doorways and thresholds. These ramps are made for small thresholds and are to be attached to the edge of the door threshold
- 600 lb. weight capacity. Dimensions: 10 inch L x 32 inch W. The actual planking on PVI's Modular Ramp has a grooved surface designed to expel water and provide a safe walking surface
- Anti-slip, high traction surface. Holes punched in top corners for easy installation. Hardware provided to secure ramp to surface.
- Made of lightweight, durable aluminum. Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Extra Wide31 inch wide inside, 36 inch long, designed for manual/power wheelchairs and walkers.
- High Weight Capacity: With non-rust aluminum construction and 304 stainless steel hinges, this ramp offers up to 800 lbs capacity.
- User-Friendly: The built-in handle is hidden between the 2 panels, when the ramp is unfolded. No interference for different angle use.
- Anti-Slip DesignThe grit coat surface and the anti-slip rubber pads on the back side ensure safety use.
- Non Skid Portable Wheelchair Ramp Is Perfect for Steps, Curbs, Vehicles and More With Non Skid U Shaped Tracks for Added Safety and Stability. Dimensions of One Ramp: 7 Inch x 3 Feet 5 Feet With a 4.5 Inch Inside Width
- Easily Adjustable, Telescoping, and Retractable for Easy and Convenient Storage at Home, in Vehicles, and More. Adjusts From 3 to 5 Feet With Simple Push Button Lock Mechanism
- RUST RESISTANT, DURABLE, AND LIGHTWEIGHT ALUMINUM construction as each wheelchair ramp can support up to 300 pounds, totaling 600 pounds between them, but only weighs 6 pounds each
- NO TOOL EASY ASSEMBLY AND INCLUDES NYLON STORAGE BAG making it great for travel, transporting, and storing. Inner track sized at 4 inches wide with track rails 2.25 inches high
- WARRANTY AND GUARANTEE: Amazon Exclusive Limited warranty may apply. Please see product for additional details. Note: we can only guarantee the quality of this product when sold through Amazon.com or Brazos Walking Sticks
- EXTRA WIDE MAKING IT PERFECT FOR WALKERS & WHEELCHAIRS: 31" wide inside (outside width 31-1/4"), 36" long. Designed for manual and power wheelchairs with a anti-slip high-traction tape to conveniently access porches, curbs, steps and landings. Note: May not work for some door thresholds.
- HIGH WEIGHT CAPACITY: Durable aluminum construction supports up to 600 lbs capacity, making it perfect for heavy scooters and electric wheelchairs.
- SAFE, LIGHT, AND PORTABLE: Includes safety pins and a built-in carrying handle. The safety pins keep the ramp locked when folded and anchor the ramp to the step when in use. Has a unique bottom grip to help prevent the ramp from slipping & dropping.
- RECOMMENDED USE: Maximum height rise for unoccupied wheelchairs and scooters is 9". Maximum height rise for occupied wheelchairs and scooters is 6". Make sure to look at the "Ramp Selection Reference" image before purchasing.
- COMPACT: Folds to 36"(L)x16"(W)x3"(H) for portability in cars or to store away when not in use. Ramp Weight: 16 lbs. Ramp arrives fully assembled, no assembly required.
- [NON-SLIP] Light weight wheelchair ramp with non-slip paint finish on the ribbed and high traction surface, great for accessing surfaces and thresolds for all weather condition. Wide platform design for maximum support and stability
- [FOLDING & HANDLE] ORFORD 3Ft Folding wheelchair ramps easy to fold, can be carried like a suitcase with a handle. Folded Size: 36"L x 14.6" W x 3.15"H Unfolded: 36" x 28"W x 1.97"H. Ramp Weight: 15.32 lbs
- [SAFETY] Durable and rust proof aluminum construction, with capacity of 600 lbs. Recommended for use with a scooter or wheelchair for home steps stairs doorways Scooter
- [EASY TO USE] Great for wheelchairs, scooters, curbs and low stairs with easy installation. Use this convenient folding ramp to help you stow away your mobility devices
- [LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY] 1 YEAR (damage caused by non-human factors). 24 hours service
- Lightweight & PortableLightweight portable folding wheelchair ramp that make sure wheelchairs access over any stairs,steps,doorways,etc.
- Good PerformanceFolding threshold ramp design and seamless with specially designed hinges for easy storage and transport.
- Anti-skid PadAnti-skid pad in the top of the wheelchair ramp for safe use and prevent slip from the using occasions.
- SizeUnfolded size: L23.6" x W28.3" x H1.77".Folded size: L23.6'' x W14.5'' x H1.96''.
- Versatile useA wheelchair ramps for home with durable welded construction for indoor or outdoor stairs, doorways, trucks, etc.In addition,the ramp is waterproof and skid-proof, holds up to 600 lbs.The last but not least,recommended using height range is 5.1''-14.8''.
- EXTRA WIDE MAKING IT PERFECT FOR WALKERS & WHEELCHAIRS: 31" wide inside (outside width 31-1/4"), 72" long. Designed for manual and power wheelchairs with a anti-slip high-traction tape to conveniently access porches, curbs, steps and landings. Note: May not work for some door thresholds.
- HIGH WEIGHT CAPACITY: Durable aluminum construction supports up to 600 lbs capacity making it perfect for heavy scooters and electric wheelchairs.
- SAFE, LIGHT, AND PORTABLE: Includes safety pins and a built-in carrying handle. The safety pins keep the ramp locked when folded and anchor the ramp to the step when in use. The holes for the pins will need to be drilled. DO NOT use ramp unless ramp is anchored down.
- RECOMMENDED USE: Maximum height rise for unoccupied wheelchairs and scooters is 18". Maximum height rise for occupied wheelchairs and scooters is 12". Make sure to look at the "Ramp Selection Reference" image before purchasing.
- COMPACT: Folds to 36"(L)x16"(W)x3"(H) for portability in cars or to store away when not in use. Ramp Weight: 35 lbs. Assistance may be needed to lift the ramp. Ramp arrives fully assembled, no assembly required.
- Welded fabrication rather than riveting
- Surface is covered with anti-slip skid resistant tape for maximum traction
- Full 30" wide platform design for maximum support and stability. Capacity - 800 Pounds
- Has a handle for easy carrying. Carries like a suitcase.. Durable welded construction
- Accommodates Wheelchairs and Scooters with Various Wheel Configurations
- [NON-SLIP] Our light weight wheelchair ramp high traction surface for safety, great for accessing raised surfaces and thresholds. Wide platform design for maximum support and stability
- [FOLDING ACCESS RAMP] ORFORD 3 Ft Folding threshold ramps lightweight, easy to fold. Folded Size: 35.8"L x 14.6" W x 3.2"H Unfolded: 35.8" x 28" x 2"
- [CAPACITY 600 LBS] Rust resistant, durable, and lightweight aluminum construction. And very easy to be moved. Weight: 14.88 lbs
- [STRONG HANDLE] Comes with carrying handle and easy storage. Carries like a suitcase. Durable welded construction
- [LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY] 1 YEAR (damage caused by non-human factors). 24 hours service. ORFORD Portable Threshold Wheelchair Ramp 3ft
- ENTRY RAMP: This 3" tall modular entry ramp creates a smooth, sturdy surface for doorways, made of high strength lightweight aluminum with a slip-resistant surface. Size: 17" x 34" x 3" Usable height range: 2.75" - 3.25" Weight: 8 lbs. Capacity: 700 lbs.
- EASY INSTALLATION: Add & remove interchangeable extensions as needed to accommodate thresholds from .75 to 3.25. A pivoting flap attaches to the top of the ramp for .25 of additional adjustability.
- ACCESS RAMPS FOR HOMES & CARS: Make your living space easier & safer with threshold ramps for doors that are a little too high, semi-permanent ramps & portable ramps for vehicles & temporary needs.
- INCREASE MOBILITY & SECURITY: Mobility solutions help you or a loved one regain confidence, freedom, & the ability to safely & independently access home or vehicle with less stress & more security.
- ACCESS ANYWHERE: Our products offer an array of temporary, portable & permanent mobility solutions from toilet lifts to ramps to homecare products to walker, scooter, wheelchair & crutch accessories.
usa.bestsellers.bargains is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com - Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.
Top tips for buying the best wheelchair ramps
When it comes to buying the outside wheelchair ramps, there are some tips and set of considerations that one needs to keep in mind. Here are the main tips to help you.
• The length of the wheelchair ramp. The normal consideration is that for every two inches that your limb your wheelchair ramp should be at list two feet in length.
• The material. It’s also very important to consider the material of the wheelchair ramp that you are looking for. Although there are ramps made of various materials the best materials that you should look for are the ones made of aluminum. Portable aluminum wheelchair ramps are not only light but durable as well. More so, they are resistant to corrosion, rust and even other wear and tear. This means you can take them in and out of the car and use them several times without worrying about using faulty equipment.
• Know the different types. It’s also important to know the various types of wheelchair ramps so you can understand the one you are looking for. For roll-up ramps to multi-fold ones, there are a variety of ramps that you can choose.
• The weight of wheelchair ramp. Wheelchairs and people usually come in all shapes and sizes. So you need to take that into account when looking for the best wheelchair ramp to buy.
• Style of the wheelchair ramp. Some wheelchair ramps are permanent while others are portable and can be folded. The best type of wheelchair ram will, therefore, depend on your needs. Usually, main access points and public entrances will always be better off with permanent wheelchair ramp while compact and lightweight wheelchair ramp is suitable when you are always up and about.
• The frequency of the usage. If you are intending to use the wheelchair ramp frequently, then you need to get a permanent wheelchair ramp solution. This is because it will not only be safer but also easier to use as well.
• Help in positioning the wheelchair. Since longer wheelchair ramps are quite heavy and unwieldy you need to think whether you’ll be able to use the wheelchair ramp without any assistance.
• Storage of wheelchair of the wheelchair ramp. This is a very important issue especially concerning wheelchair ramp. Since most ramps normally fold up at varying degrees, you have to understand the amount of space that they will take.
It’s important to note that wheelchair ramps are very important for the handicapped especially when they want to access buildings. More so they help those who are pushing strollers and even carts to access the building much easier. Moreover, as a wheelchair user, you should not be denied the right of accessing any building. Thankfully, with the best wheelchair ramps, you can always do these with a lot of ease. If you are looking for the best wheelchair ramp it’s important to keep any that you find inside the basket so you can review later. This way, you’ll definitely end up with the best.