The Best Large Mouse Mat In 2021
After a long week of work, maybe you’ve decided the best thing to do is to game. Unfortunately, you’re still using that crummy stained mouse mat that doesn’t offer proper traction. The best large mouse mat should come with a variety of features, including the texture and surface required to maintain a proper DPI and battle different gameplay styles.
Are you looking for a great large mouse mat bargain? Then check out today’s top deals below. Or to read our guide and tips on buying large mouse mat products, please click here.
If you are looking for something like that, then click here to read our in-depth guide about the best large mouse mats.
Benefits of the best large mouse mat
• They offer great control. The best large mouse mat will provide you with the kind of peripheral control that you cannot obtain with any other mouse mat. Since most games that are being released are replicating real life, they need everything that they can get for the players to have total control.
• Less slipping. When you are using the best large mouse mat, you will have not space for that extra movement. The moment you set your hand to browse or to game, your performance improves automatically. This is because you’ll become in charge of every single move.
• They are more ergonomic. The good thing about these mouse mats is that they are larger. This means you won’t have to set your mouse every now and again. By not picking and setting your mouse often, your performance will definitely improve.
• They come with a better surface. Another benefit of using the best large mat is that they have a better surface. Since their design has a tiny minute differences, it means that it’s easier to know how far the mouse has been moved. This will make it more accurate, precise, and consistent.
• They are durable. As compared to other normal mouse pads, most large mouse mats are durable. Built with gamers in mind, they can withstand all the abuse that always comes with them. For instance, if you get the best SteelSeries large mouse mat, you can use it for even five years.
• They can significantly reduce the mouse wear and tear. If you have a costly mouse, the best thing to do is to invest in a good mouse mat. This is because it will help cut down on the wear and tear that normally comes with mice.
• Personalizing your performances space. When you own the perfect large mouse mat, you will always ensure that no extra thing gets in touch with it. This will ultimately ensure that you personalize your gaming space.
Differences between large mouse mat and normal mouse mat
For starters, normal mouse mats are way too small as compared to large ones. As compared to other pads you’ll get more gaming space. While regular mats only come with one thing- to make the mouse mat work, they will not provide you with that cut-edge high level of gaming since most of them come with reliable tracking, you can always overcome most game obstacles without having to continuously tug your mouse.
Apart from better texture you also get a lot more room. Even if you choose cloth gaming mouse mat, you will still enjoy some sort of gaming. You will also get a sturdier fabric which is much more durable against the wear and tear and spills although they may cost a bit higher than the normal gaming mats they are built to last longer than the normal gaming mats.
Why you need a large mouse mat
If you are involved in any kind of game play which has currently dominated the field of games, then you definitely need the dependability and accuracy of the mouse. Although your mouse mat may not pick up the slack of a crummy mouse or bad wiring it can definitely handle how the sensors react and ensure they maintain the best level of accuracy. Apart from that, large mouse mats such as razer large mouse mat or Steel Series large mouse mat comes with several additional features that will improve your focus and provide you with more immersion into your game play. As a matter of fact, some of them will even work with your keyboard and mouse lighting to provide you with the atmosphere and the uniformity that you need to get lost in.
Should you go for a soft of hard large mouse mat
When it comes to choosing the king of mouse mat, everything boils down to your tastes and preferences. However, when you consider everything, there are few differences between hard and soft large mouse mats. For instance, if you want to go easier on your wrist, then it’s advisable to use a soft mouse mat. Since you are already constantly leaning on your desk, the large mouse mat will provide your wrist with a place to cushion them well.
Unfortunately, since most of them are made of cloth, they can easily get dirty. They will not only absorb most dirt but will also show when something spills on them. As compared to the soft ones, hard large mouse mats simply needs some small wiping. Although they do not come with fibers to fray, you need a very flat surface to use them well.
How the best large mouse mat works
There are currently two major types of mice, namely the optical and the ball bottom. When you are looking for the ultimate gaming mats, then the optical ones are the best. Optical mice normally reflect red light coming from aldiode that reflects off a surface to hit down a separate sensor. The sensor then depends on the light to ensure that your mouse keeps on working well.
If you’ve ever used your mouse on a non-suitable surface, then you understand that skipping can always occur. For instance, when you drag the mouse across a wooden desk, an imperfect surface or warped particle board surface, you will notice that the mouse will not have any kind of movement. You are likely to notice some little snags or realize that it’s not getting anywhere. So, when this light is either blocked or not situated on the ideal space, the mouse will definitely not work well.
How to clean the best mouse mat
How to clean soft large mouse mat
Since large soft mats can get grimy from time to time, it’s very important to ensure that they remain clean. Here are some of the steps to help you clean them.
1. Plug your empty kitchen sink and fill one side with some warm water.
2. Drop some soap or counter wash dishwashing detergent. Next, press down the mouse mat until it completely submerges and floods the sink basin.
3. Allow it to remain there for a few minutes so that the water can gradually regain room temperature.
4. Lastly, hang it somewhere to dry out. Note. Make sure you hang it away from direct sunlight for at least 24 hours or until all the moisture comes out. If you leave it hanging out, direct heat or sunlight might end up shrinking the cloth construction.
How to clean hard large mouse mat
As compared to the soft mouse mats, hard ones are a bit easier to clean. In fact, some of them may not even require specific cool down period before you can start using them again. The key to taking care of these mats is to avoid dust and lint from messing up with your performance. More so, you may use microfiber rag to clean them.
Check out today’s top 10 large mouse mat deals below…
Top tips to help you buy the best large mouse mat
While choosing the best large mouse mat boils down to tastes and personal preference, here are some tips that will help you choose the best one.
• Surfaces area. If you are going to use the mouse mat for gaming or any other thing, then you need to consider choosing the best surface area that’s suitable for gaming. For instance, if the surface area is not big enough, then your mouse may easily fall off or even hit your keyboard.
• Avoid the ones with reflective surfaces. You need to avoid any type that has a reflective or glossy surface. Also, laser mice can comfortably work on them; they are not as good as the ones having matte surfaces.
• Concise control and glide speed. The feel on a nonresistant and smooth surface that can combine control and speed is perhaps one of the most important features to consider when looking the best custom large mouse mats. The perfect surface should be based on the feet and weight of your mouse. For instance, if your mouse is heavier, you probably need a faster surface.
• Weight of the mouse. If your mouse is heavier, then you probably require more force. If you have a heavy slick mouse mat, this might mean less momentum. Since lighter mouse may be faster when there is less friction, you may need to go for a mouse with better traction.
That’s all about the best large mouse mats. When shopping for the best large mouse mat, it’s advisable that you keep any you’ll consider inside your basket so you can review later.