The Football Goals In 2020
With the football season in full flow, what better way to become part of the game and celebrate than bringing the field home? Whether you’re a soccer-loving parent or a hat-trick hero, no garden is complete without having the best Argos football goals in place. These goals will not only allow you to set up and play but also enjoy a full game with your friends.
Are you looking for a great football goals bargain? Then check out today’s top deals below. Or to read our guide and tips on buying football goals, please click here.
From grassroots to premier league stadia football range of football is among the largest ranges available in the UK with goals that can be used to cater for every situation. Since there is a wide range of garden football goals in the market it’s always very important to know how to choose the best one for your dream requirements. So what kind of goals should you go for? If you are looking for the best football goals, click here to read our in-depth review about some of the best goals.
How football goals have evolved with time
Apart from the ball football plays a very important role in the game. To score a goal the ball has to be kicked so it can pass between kids football goals. For centuries, the game of football has been sport loved by many people. However, playing the game has not always been very easy. Before the 1300s, football game was so popular among the peasants simply because it was the only game that was played on foot. During this time the upper class guys preferred to play games that were played on horseback such as the polo. As matter of fact, the rules of the games were also quite different from what’s there now. It was due to this that the game was banned.
However, even with the ban people still kept on playing football. Their love for the game kept playing alive. It was at this point that the king decided to order himself a pair of special football shoes. Although the authorities struggled to uphold the law when it comes to football until in the 1600s when the ban was lifted. He, therefore, instructed the Christians to only play the game after a giving to church on Sunday. Later on, the sport was encouraged in schools, where most students were of the upper class. To tame the sport some rules were introduced including the offside rule.
As the football game evolved over the years, so are the goals. It was during the 1500S that the first best football goals were recorded that consisted of two bushes strategically planted. Although before they were referred to as the gates, they were later on called pop up football goals. Since these tows have also increasingly evolved now you can buy metal football goals of different sizes and shapes including12 x 6 football goals, 8×6 football goal and6x4 football goal. Whether you are looking for the standard size or something smaller, you can always get it. Most of the rules that were brought about together with the football goal nets are still being used up to date.
4 main types of football goals
Socketed full-size football goal
These are perhaps among the most popular choices. This portable football goal means that there are two metal sleeves or 2 sockets that are set below the level of the ground as per the individual goal. The goalposts then simply slot into the sockets to ensure that the goal is held in an upright position. In most instances, socketed goals are mainly used on grass pitches such as parks, playing fields, or stadiums where the best garden football goals are left in position for a period of time.
Freestanding 16×7 football goals
With the increasing popularity of 3G and artificial pitches, freestanding goals are also increasingly becoming popular. Just as the name suggests, freestanding goals are the types of goals that are standing upright on their own. They are usually fixed by running a couple of runbacks along the ground to a back bar which is then used to make the goal frame. As compared to other goals out there freestanding goals will usually have full international net supports that join the crossbar to the back bar in the corners. Also, these goals should be anchored on the ground so they can meet international standards.
As an improvement of the freestanding goals, self-weighted goals are the kind of goals that are usually used on artificial pitches which tend to be multiuse. In reality, the self-weighted goals are freestanding goals with fixed weight and wheels that are added to the backboard to ensure that they are portable. Since these goals are portable in nature there is no need for any additional anchoring. The fixed weight must also be tested to makes sure that the weight is enough to stop any tipping and to make sure that they meet international standards.
Fold to wall goals
Originally meant for football grounds, the fold to wall football goals are usually used in the same circumstances as self-weighted footballs goals or especially where the multisport are usually being played. The goals are usually fixed on four or on tow in some instances the most common use of this type of goal is when the distance from the touchline to the fence or the wall is too small for free standing.
The main materials used for foldable football goals
As the elite goals all over the world, aluminum goals are some of the best goals used in most countries. Apart from being durable and lightweight, this kind of material is also used in football stadiums, some club training grounds and on most UK pitches. There are basically three types of aluminum provides the elliptical ones, 63.5 mm diameter and the 80mm diameter. The latter two profiles are mainly used for training and small-sided goals? However, elliptical is the most 9 a side football goals that are mostly used on stadiums and all the other self-weighted goals out there. The only downside of elliptical goals is that as compared to steel, they are a bit weak. To make them strong, four strengthening bars are usually added down its length to boost the material.
Although aluminum is considered the elite material steel are still the best since they are the most popular and in terms of the number of them that are being used. Steel10 x 6 football goals and junior football goals are by far quite stronger than aluminum goals although they are often prone to a lot of misuses. The steel goals come in 3 major profiles 60 mm diameter, 76 mm diameter and 76 mm square diameter with the latter only used in some of the most demanding places. However, these football goals are not considered to be safe.
UPSV or plastic football goals
Originally made as a black garden type of product, UPVC goals have been developed as quality product goals that are supposed to be used in very small-sided goals games. Only available as free-standing goals these football goal post Argos can easily be packed away into handy bag thus making packing and storing them easy.
4 ways to support football goal nets
International free standing hanging net supports
Used in most football stadiums the international free hanging net supports use no metal to support the inside of the goals. This prevents the balls from rebounding once it has hit the net which is one of the most important things when it comes to the professional game type of footballs. These types of support are only applicable in the box shape type of nets.
International net support
Although this is likely to be confused with the above, this kind of supports includes a tube that’s extended horizontally from each corner of the cross bar for short roof parts before dropping at a certain angle on the ground. Since the support suits most traditional goals they are mostly used in most freestanding goals.
Continental net support
Also known as the D shaped net support, the continental net support is the kind of support that forms a loop from the corners of the goal’s crossbars to short distance down the post. The top of the D, therefore, creates a short roof section for the net before the net can fall way diagonally to the ground. These net supports are used for the exact shape of the net as the internal net support.
Straight run back
This is the kind of support when there is no net support used hence the net falls diagonally from the crossbar to the ground. Although this has never been used in any professional game, this is a common practice in most games played in the parks.
Check out today’s top 10 football goals deals below…
- BACKYARD FOOTBALL FUN: Turn your backyard into a kids football dream with two life-sized football goal posts, one for each team!
- ADJUSTABLE HEIGHT: Goal Post Sizes Adjust from 4ft to 6ft in height using easy twist & lock height adjustments.
- EASY TO ASSEMBLE: Easy to set up and offers simple twist, adjust and lock technology to change the size. No screws or tools required.
- INCLUDES: 2 large 6' x 4' adjustable football goal posts to bring your backyard football to life and practice your field goals!
- YOUTH FOOTBALL SET: Perfect for kids ages 4 and up.
- PRO KICK CHALLENGE: Take your football fun to the next level with the Pro Kick Challenge! Full set includes 1 Pro Kick Challenge Field Goal, 1 Kicking Tee, 4 Inflatable Footballs, and Ball Pump
- KICKOFF FOOTBALL FUN: Bring pro level excitement to your next game with this life sized field goal measuring over 7. 5ft tall and 6ft wide for fun on an epic scale. Includes 4 Inflatable Footballs and Kicking Tee for the ultimate football showdown
- MULTIPLE WAYS TO PLAY: Score big with friends and family of all ages at your next backyard football game, birthday party, picnic and more! Great for traditional backyard football, games of h-o-r-s-e, long distances kicking competitions and more (game ru
- SIMPLIFIED SETUP: Field goal assembles in under a minute and features an incredibly sturdy stake design that provides vastly superior stability over low-cost inflatable field goals
- GOSPORTS PLEDGE: Go Sports is a US Company with US Customer Support - 100% Satisfaction
- CONSTRUCTION: All weather steel construction for durability and authentic feel
- FEEL LIKE THE PROS: Both posts have flags attached so wind can be considered when kicking. This feature was also added to replicate what is seen in the end zone of every NFL team
- STABILITY: Steel base with welded supports and four ground stakes for maximum stability
- EASY ASSEMBLY: Quick connect steel tubes allow for easy assembly; Assembles to 8.5' x 5.5' with crossbar at 40 inch high
- AUTHENTIC FEEL: Padded ground post replicates what is seen on field to create an authentic experience for young athletes
- Easy to assemble: Why settle for an inflatable football goal post when you can enjoy a durable goal post thats easy and fast to assemble? Be up and running quickly with this football goal post for kids
- Great for families: Help your child kick a football field goal with this football goal post set for kids; Its perfect for families that are looking to teach their kids the fundamentals of football and how to kick a football through the uprights
- Future champion ready: Includes a mini 7.5 inch football thats perfect for small feet This complete football goal post set helps instill a love of the game in a way thats exciting and fun
- Weighted base: Prevent your football goal post from flying away with a weighted base designed for fast assembly. Perfect for practicing making a football field goal, this kids football goal post has everything you need
- Wide football goal: Not every football field goal is created equal. Franklins wide football field goal post, 6ft x 4ft, is designed to encourage good kicking and field goal preparation habits from an early age
- GOALS FOR MULTIPLE SPORTS Turn your backyard into a multi-sport metropolis with these combination goals. Allow your kids to kick field goals and soccer penalties with the same combination sports goal.
- HEAVY-DUTY STEEL GOAL FRAME Designed for consistent use, the sturdy goal posts have been manufactured from 42mm round galvanized steel which can take the impact of any sports ball that comes its way.
- FULLY WEATHERPROOF GOAL The combination of galvanized steel goal posts and a 3mm thick soccer net which is UV stabilized the combination soccer and football goal can be left outdoors without rusting or corroding.
- QUICK ASSEMBLY AND NET ATTACHMENT Heavy-duty in design, the combi goal posts slot together quickly and easily thanks to the integrated locking system, while the bungee net cords allow for simple net attachment.
- INNOVATIVE COMBINATION UPRIGHTS This sports goal is transformed from a soccer goal to a football goal with the introduction of steel uprights. Made from the same strong steel, the uprights are built to last.
- Set of 4 NFL-sized pylons: 4" x 4" x 18", each pylon weighs about 2 lbs.
- Each pylon is anchorless and stands on its own, great for uneven or sloped turf and windy days
- Durable and visible fluorescent orange vinyl-nylon cover
- Safe, poly-foam core with weighted bottom
- More precise, meaty and visible than corner flags or other improvised markers
- Includes 2 goal posts
- Goal post size adjusts from 4 feet to 6 feet in height
- Easy to set up, twist, adjust and lock
- Ideal for backyard, park or field
- Ages 4 and up
- NO FINGER? NO PROBLEM! - our football kick holder mimics the touch of a human finger and holds the ball securely at different angles giving you optimal placement. SOFT GRIP TECHNOLOGY provides just the amount of hold without sticking
- COMPATIBLE WITH ALL FOOTBALLS - the field goal holder can be used with balls of all sizes making it suitable for all ages and playing levels
- SUPER CONVENIENT - our pro kick holder can effortlessly be setup for use and folded away for easy transportation with the included premium fabric travel bag
- HIGHEST QUALITY - reinforced aluminum legs and industrial strength steel rivets means our football place holder will be your kicking companion for years to come
- 100% SATISFACTION RISK FREE PURCHASE - all Trailblaze products come with our famous LOVE IT OR 100% of YOUR MONEY BACK guarantee so you can buy in complete confidence. So what are you waiting for? Buy your kick holder now before stocks run out!
- KICKING TEE no partner needed for kicking practice. Our football kick holder hold the ball just like a human and can be positioned exactly how you want it
- FOOTBALL KICKING TEE holds all sizes of footballs. Designed to work with all ball sizes for players of all ages and levels - our field goal holder will last for years
- FOOTBALL KICKING HOLDER folds up easily for easy transport and storage. The collapsible design takes up almost no storage space.
- FIELD GOAL KICKING HOLDER made of high quality steel and industrial strength rivets to ensure it lasts for many many years. Perfect for practice and football camps.
- 100% Money Back Guarantee. At Sterlatech we work hard to ensure that our products are well designed and made from top quality materials and will provide a full refund if you arent completely satisfied.
- COMPLETE PORTABLE FOOTBALL KICKING TEE SET - Take your backyard football games to the next level with this football kicking tee set. Practice field goals with your kids. The easy assembled durable plastic goal post measures a wide 4 x 6 feet. Sets up in minutes and collapses down when not in use, perfect for compact storage or transport anywhere you go.
- FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY the included inflatable football measures a 4 x 7 inches that is the perfect sizes for kids. Great for teaching the fundamentals to any young football fan and teaching how to kick a football right through the uprights.
- SETS UP IN MINUTES Perfect for backyard fun, at the park, birthday parties, summer barbeque and more. A fun travel outdoor target game for any season that is easy to collapse for easy storage.
- ALL IN ONE SET - Complete set includes football, tee, goal post, ball pump, connectors, inflation needle and flags. Also features a weighted water base securely holds up the goal post when in use and is simple to empty when finished.
usa.bestsellers.bargains is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com - Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.
Top tips for buying the best football goals
• Material. When it comes to material, aluminum football goals are some of the most popular goals used. Apart from being lightweight, they are also durable as well. However, the golden standard is different fields out there are still goals. Since they are far much stronger than aluminum, they are quite suitable in areas where they can be climbed on, misused and punished. UPVC is the cheapest and can also be packed away regardless of where you are going to. If you are looking for the best football goals it’s very important that you consider the materials.
• Size. Since football goals come in various sizes, you need to choose the ones that you think suits you well. Some of the FA regulation specific goals include 11A Side goals, 9 A side goals and 5 A side goals.
• The company that makes the goals. It’s also very important to consider the company that’s making the football goals. Instead of just choosing an outlet moving imported steel football goals, you need to select a specialist company that has some knowledge about football goals and how they are supposed to be made.
• Check out the product reviews. Before choosing the best football goals, you also need to check out different customer reviews. The customer review must also be about the products and how they work to ensure that you end up with the best.
• Consider guarantee. It’s also very important to consider whether the product has a warranty. Remember, if the product has a warranty, it means that the product is one of the best. The best warranty should also be over 3 years.
• Price. Just like any other product out there, it’s also very important to know the price. It’s critical to know your budget so you can buy something that you can afford. However, you should not compromise the quality of aluminum football goals just because of the price.
Since there is a variety of football goals in the market, you need to know what you are looking before choosing one. If you are shopping for the best one, it’s also important to keep any that you’ve found inside the basket so you can review later. This will ensure that you end up with the best one.