The Best Folding Chairs In 2021
Apart from their everyday use in the house, folding chairs are known as one of the best choices for use at social events. They’re practical; hence, you can easily fold and store them with ease. This is great for moving them from one place to another. Moreover, if you have a large number of friends or family visiting, this type of chair can be a great solution.
Are you looking for a great folding chairs bargain? Then check out today’s top deals below. Or to read our guide and tips on buying folding chairs, please click here.
However, with dozens of materials, designs, features, and colors in the market, choosing the best wooden folding chairs can be overwhelming. If you are looking for the cheap folding chairs, click here to read our in-depth guide about some of the best.
Benefits of folding chairs
• Comfort. This is probably one of the most important benefits of folding chairs. Designed with some important points in mind, one can be able to use these chairs in the most comfortable ways. Many of them found in the market will have either solid or flat seated areas, ergonomic design. Some of them even come with a cushioned pad to ensure that they are as comfortable as possible to the user.
• Durability. When it comes to making white folding chairs frames, very high-quality materials are used. Since most of them are weather-resistant, they can resist heavy rainfall and hot scotching sun.
• Easy storage. Unlike other chairs that occupy a lot of space, you do not need a lot of space to store kids folding chairs. Once you’ve folded them you can simply put them anywhere you like wherever you desire.
• User-friendly. Apart from longer durability and easy storage, folding chairs are also user-friendly. This means you do not need extra knowledge to place them. The process of using them is to unfold them, and you are good to go.
• Transportable. During huge gatherings such as college or school meetings where you want all the attendees to be seated, you can transport the plastic folding chairs and use them in such places. Since most of them are very light in weight, they can always be moved from one place to another with a lot of ease.
• They are fashionable. Unlike other chairs that come and go, black folding chairs are quite trendy. This means they are versatile hence easy to match regardless of your other furnishings and interior décor. Apart from their demand, which is increasing, they are getting popular day by day.
• They are affordable. If you are at a fixed budget and looking for somewhere to sit, then these chairs will serve you just well. These kind of chairs are not only affordable but will also fit within your budget with a lot of ease. So, you don’t have to worry about spending a lot of money.
Types of folding chairs
Currently, there are seven major types of folding chairs that make up the majority of folding chairs in the market.
1. Plastic folding chairs
Plastic folding chairs are by far the most favorite chairs for many companies if they are just starting out or if they have a large group of people to host. Consisting of a backrest and tubular metal frame, plastic folding chairs are chairs that fold up to an inch thick. The good thing about them is that when they are folded, they can comfortably be put together; hence, you can put one on top of the other easily. More so, as a solid stack, they won’t slip easily. Plus, the tubing within the legs is flush to the ground, thereby preventing the back legs from sinking into the ground. Apart from being durable, these folding chairs are also durable.
2. Metal folding chairs
Apart from plastic folding chairs, metal is also one of the best types of folding chairs in the market. Suitable for both open use and indoors, metal folding chairs come with metal construction that makes them both durable and sturdier. This is perhaps the reason why they are quite popular among the meeting halls, event organizers, and churches. However, because they are harder to stack, they are popular for companies that will stack them after use. Overall, they come in padded steel, painted and cushioned.
3. Wooden folding chairs
When it comes to appearance, wooden folding chairs are a huge improvement. As compared to other chairs, you cannot just beat the natural feeling and look of woods. From Beachwood to birch to oak, wooden folding chairs can be made using several materials. Generally, they come with a framed seat and curved plywood backrest. The good thing about them is that their removable seat makes them very easy to clean. However, since they have a thick frame when you stack them, they can take twice as much as the space taken by the plastic folding chairs. More so, they don’t have built-in nesting system that can keep them from sliding off one another.
4. Resin folding chairs
If you are looking for the best folding chairs that can resist moisture, then resin is one of the best. Since they are inexpensive and durable, many event organizers prefer them to other kinds of folding chairs. Also, you can leave them outside without any effect. Unlike metal and wood, they can easily blend regardless of the surrounding.
5. Padded folding chairs
If you have high-class events, you can choose padded or cushioned folding chairs. Amongst all the types of folding chairs, this is perhaps one of the most expensive. While the seats are made with metal, plastic or wood, they are padded on the seat and the backrest to ensure that whoever is using them feels comfortable. This means they are suitable when the user needs to seat for long or if you are attending fancier affairs. The idea behind buying them is to ensure that the people get the kinds of comfortability that they need while using them. Whether you are looking for the highest level of comfort or want to impress your visitors, they are the best chairs to use.
6. Bamboo folding chairs
When you first look at these folding chairs, what comers to your mind are tiki parties. Either way, bamboo folding chairs are quite popular for extra seating by the poolside or themed events. You may not believe, but these kinds of folding chairs are extremely comfortable. Thoughtfully made, these kinds of chairs come with a curved back seat that naturally gives them the frame. Since they are relatively low cost, they are suitable for party rental companies. Their main disadvantage is that although they do fold up, they cannot nest and stack together, thus making it very hard to transport.
7. Sauce folding chairs
Although teenagers and kids love these kinds of folding chairs, adults might find them a bit small. However, there are also oversized ones that are meant for adults. Since they are foldable, when not in use, you can always store them. More so, they are easy to transport from one to another. Apart from serving as permanent seats in small apartments, they are ideal for extra seating in the dens or the living rooms.
Other types of folding chairs include leather folding chairs, canvas folding chairs, aluminum folding chairs, comfy folding chairs, Samsonite folding chairs, steel folding chairs, fabric folding chairs, stakmore folding chairs, and oak folding chairs among others.
How to maintain and clean different kinds of folding chairs
How to maintain and clean resin folding chairs
While being used for different occasions and being moved, resin folding chairs may take a beat. Continuously stacking, folding, and moving them from place to place may expose them to the harsh outdoor environments. To ensure that they maintain their professional look, cleaning and maintaining them is very important. Here are some of the ways of maintaining them.
• You need to ensure that after use, they are cleaned well before getting stored. Hiver if they have food or beverage stains were used outdoors, they may require thorough cleaning using soft cloth and water.
• While maintaining them is quite easy, sometime their vinyl cushion may be badly stained. In such instances, you need to replace them with other ones.
• To ensure that they remain clean for another use, use protective covers to cover them. Thankfully there is canvas carrying bags that you can use to prevent grime and dust from covering them.
How to maintain and clean plastic folding chairs
Just like other folding chairs, the last thing that you want is to keep your plastic chairs when they are full of grime, stains, or dust. If you have a strong team, you should spend a few minutes to ensure that your plastic folding chairs are clean before taking them back to the store. The little time that you take to clean them will save you a lot of in the long run. For stubborn stains, you may need to use heavy-duty stain cleaner.
How to clean and maintain wooden folding chairs
From the start of every use, you need to protect the wooden, plastic chairs using a sealant that’s ideal for their style and composition. Also, you need to avoid standing wooden folding chairs on wet grass. This is because the moisture coming from the ground may rot the wood, especially if they are not treated. When it comes to cleaning them, you should wipe them as well. Unless there is sun outside, you should not assume that they will automatically dry. As compared to other materials, wood may take the whole day to dry up.
Why you should buy resin folding chairs
Whether you want to use them at home or for an event, resin folding chairs are always the best chairs to use. They also come with some key properties that make them some of the best folding chairs in the market. Here are some of the reasons why you need to purchase them
• They are easy to clean. Hence you can wipe them with just a simple wipe cloth and soapy water. In case of extreme stains, you can use all-purpose cleaners to remove them.
• Since they’ve been manufactured using resin materials, they are weather and sun resistant. You can even leave them outdoors to dry before taking them in in the morning.
• As compared to other chairs, they are very easy to maintain. Whether it’s fixing or replacing broken screws, these can be done using very simple tools.
• To ensure that they remain clean and stain-free, you can always replace the seats instead of buying another complete seat altogether.
• Unlike wooden foldable chairs that require tightening or bungee strings to stack well, these chairs are stackable. This makes them the simplest chairs to transport from one place to another.
Check out today’s top 10 folding chairs deals below…
Top tips for buying the best folding chairs
When it comes to buying the best folding chairs here are some of the most important factors to help you.
• Weight holding capacity. This is perhaps the most important factor to consider. Failure to do this might make you end up with low-quality chairs. The best folding chairs should have a weight capacity of around 250 pounds going upwards.
• Material. The best folding chairs should be constructed with sturdy and lightweight materials for durability and easy holding. Some of the best materials for folding chairs are resin and ABS plastic.
• Quick folding design. The chairs that you buy should be able to fold fast in one simple step. It should not take you long to unfold or fold the chairs, especially when you are in a meeting.
• Drink holders and storage pockets. If you are planning to use the chairs outdoors, then you need to consider buying chairs with drink holders and storage pockets.
• Comfort. When you are looking for chairs that can be used for a prolonged time then choose the best lifetime folding chairs that are comfortable.
• Price and warranty. Lastly, it’s important to consider the price and warranty of the upholstered folding chair. The best folding chairs should have a minimum of 3 years warranty. The cost of the chair must also be affordable and match the value of the chair.
This our detailed information about the best folding chairs. We’ve done this review so you can have the best information when looking for antique folding chairs. If you are looking for the best folding chairs and you’ve found any that you consider, it’s a handy tip to keep it inside the basket so you can review later.