The Best Filing Cabinets In 2020
All industries and organisations have important documents and papers that must be kept safe. Due to this, there are lockable filing cabinets available which store files, important documents and papers. The best filing cabinets not only serve the purpose of storing files but also give your office an organised look and add some style to it. Since you don’t have to pile up your desk with papers and files while working, they can also help you get rid of clutter in your office.
Are you looking for a great filing cabinets bargain? Then check out today’s top deals below. Or to read our guide and tips on buying filing cabinets, please click here.
With the best filing cabinets UK, you can save a lot of time while looking for particular information. However, with several filing cabinets available, choosing the best one can be quite challenging. If you are looking for the best filing cabinets, click here to read our in-depth review about some of the best.
Benefits of the best cheap filing cabinets
• They help hold a large number of files. The best filing cabinets can carry large amounts of files without occupying too much space in the office. This means you can use the remaining office space for other things.
• They make it possible to categorize files and other documents. The best lockable wooden filing cabinets usually make it easy for employees to store files and categorize them into folders and other documents. This makes it easier to retrieve documents and boost their productivity.
• Filing cabinets can significantly protect company’s documents against any damage. By using the best home office filing cabinets, you’ll ensure that all your documents are protected against any damage or loss that might occur.
• The best filing cabinets increase security. Companies can also use small filing cabinets to increase the security of the files and the folders that they store through getting fireproof storage units. Plus, they can come with different kinds of locks to enhance the security of any confidential information that’s stored in them.
Types of filing cabinets
Because of these benefits, it’s just so that there are different types of cool filing cabinets for schools, homes, offices, and dorms. Usually made of sheets of metal or wood, these lockable metal filing cabinets come with drawers that use a slide to facilitate there opening and closing. They also have stoppers that ensure they do not completely pull out. To help open them, most metal filing cabinets have a thumb latch or sliding mechanism. Also, their drawers come fitted with handles that you can use to pull them off. To prevent unauthorized access to the files and documents, most of them use a keyed locked. Here are the main types of filing cabinets.
Lateral filing cabinets
Also known as horizontal nice filing cabinets, lateral filing cabinets are the types of cabinets that provide enough filing space that can accommodate both legal and letter-sized documents. If you are shopping for something that can comfortably hold both types of files and papers, then this is the best option. From wood and laminate to metal and veneer, they usually come in different types and styles hence you can always choose the best one for your work. As compared to other types of filing cabinets, they are easy to operate since they use a system that’s very easy to understand. Plus, they are cost-effective because they use affordable filing folders
Vertical filing cabinets
If you are looking or the best way to store files without taking a lot of office space, then you need to use vertical filing cabinets. These unique wooden filing cabinets for sale options come in a range of styles and materials. Since they are flexible, you can always use any type or quantity of folders depending on what you need. More so, you can index them to make it easier to retrieve your documents.
Mobile filing cabinets
As one of the best types of filing cabinets, mobile office filing cabinets for sale usually works great as under the desk filing cabinets hence can work as portable fling system since they have convenient casters that can allow you to transport them from one place to another and from one room to the next.
Lateral filing cabinets
Lateral small filing cabinets for sale usually come in 30, 36 and 42-inch widths and are normally 20 inches deep. Since they have different drawer versions, you can arrange the documents along the shelves with pockets that are neatly indexed. Since they have small size cabinets, they are very easy to install. Because of their indexing, you can easily retrieve all your documents.
Side tab filing cabinets
If you are shopping for the best solution for medical facilities, then side tab big filing cabinets works just great. Due to their availability to store a large amount of information and their sturdy construction, you can use them the way you want. With or without doors, they usually come in different shapes and styles.
Open shelf filing cabinets
These types of affordable filing cabinets involve putting the files in open shelves that have numeral arrangements. Arranged in rows, these shelves usually have enough space between them to allow people to move quickly. When it comes to saving time, these cabinets can help save a lot of time. Plus, since they are cost-effective, they are the ideal filing cabinets for large offices that have huge amounts of documents and files to handle.
How to organize your big filing cabinets
If you are wondering how to set up your filing cabinets systems, you need to know there is a lot more to do this than you think. Here are some key tips to help you keeps things under control.
1. Create a filing system. The first thing that you need to do is to create a filing system. Filing systems can be as detailed or as general as you like. The idea is to be able to find what you are looking or with a lot of ease. You need to know that whenever you are creating a filing system, you are doing it for yourself.
2. Make a list of all the files that you have. Once you have a good filing system, you need to come up with a list of all the files that you have. All you need is just a pencil and a piece of paper, and you are good to go. You also need to think about the names of the filing systems that you want to create. For instance, you can make a list of the filing systems based on the clients’ names, household bills, or the kind of jobs that you do.
3. Avoid having miscellaneous folders. Although it might be tempting to throw out all those miscellaneous documents into one single folder, you need to avoid that. Although you’ll access everything that you need in one folder, a miscellaneous folder may end up doing to you more harm than good especially when it comes to retrieving the information that you need easily and quickly. Instead of this, focus on the kind of item that you need and look for a better filing solution.
4. Personalize your files and cabinets. Who says that your files and filing cabinets must be dull? To avoid being boring and dull, you should make the process of referencing your files and folders a pleasant experience. Nowadays, you can find all the office supplies and furniture in different shapes, colors, and sizes. From bright portable filing folders and colorful filing cabinets to sassy and intricate manila papers, there is always something for every budget and taste.
5. Prepare hanging papers and drawers. Take a bunch of hanging folders and manila papers and start labeling them according to the list that you previously made. Instead of a biro pen, label them using a pencil to ensure that it’s easy to edit or change items whenever you need to.
6. Clean the drawers. The simplest way to do this is to start with a clean slate. You need to remove all the contents of your foiling cabinets, place them on the floor before dropping in all your pre-labeled folders and hanging files.
7. File or replace the items. Once you are through with all the above, it’s time to place all your documents and files into appropriate folders. You also need to spend some time sorting through the materials, papers, and all the documents that match until you are sure that the most important file structure is ready.
8. Always make it easy to dispose of or file all the documents. If you have a pile of papers that needs filing, make things easy by keeping a box, container or basket next to your filing cabinets to temporarily hold all the things that you may need to file later on. This will help you avoid your filing work to pile up. Further, get into the habit of filing everything at the end of the day.
The best materials for filing cabinets
Steel file cabinets
If you are looking or the most durable filing option then steel filing cabinets big w is the best. These filing systems are designed in such a way that they can withstand several years of use without sagging, whapping, or even wearing down. Since they are scratch-resistant, they will continue to look new regardless of the kind of work that you use them for. However, as compared to other models, they are not aesthetically appealing.
Aluminum filing cabinets
Although they have almost the same features as steel filing cabinets, they are also designed in such a way that they provide long-lasting performance and offer a certain level of durability. However, since they are malleable and lighter, they may not withstand all the impacts that steel cabinets provide. But if you are shopping for a more budget-friendly option, then they are the best in the market.
Wooden lockable filing cabinets for home
As compared to the metal filing options or new filing cabinets, wood filing systems are more attractive. Although wood is more prone to scratches, this just adds to the overall patina and character. In general, wood filing cabinets are just as durable and sturdy as their metal counterparts. The good thing is that with wood, you can always choose between a range of finishes and colors that you need.
Plastic file cabinets
Unlike wood or metal file cabinets, plastic file cabinets offer a more affordable option. However, since they are not that durable, you may need to replace them every now and again. But if you are searching for a temporary solution, then wood can work perfectly well. You only need to keep in mind that most of them lack the security features that other materials have.
Check out today’s top 10 filing cabinets deals below…
Tips for buying the best filing cabinets for office use
Now that you have some idea about the best filing cabinets, it’s important to know that there are some factors that you need to consider when looking for the best ones. Here are the key tips to help you choose the best filing cabinets.
• Price. Just like buying any other thing, it’s very important to know the price of the filing cabinets that you want to buy. You also need to consider your budget and buy something that fits in well. However, you should not comprise security or quality just because of the price.
• Quality. Regardless of the technology that exists, we cannot hide from the fact that there is paper work that still needs to store in the form of files. This is why quality is critical when looking for the best white filing cabinets for sale.
• The material of the cabinet. Another factor that you need to consider when looking for the best filing cabinets storage cupboards is the material used. Although wood is aesthetically appealing, they are not as long lasting as steel filing cabinets.
• Size. When looking for the best filing cabinets, this is one of the most important factors to consider. Remember, even the most appealing filing cabinet will look out of place if it’s too big for your office. Before choosing the best filing cabinet, ensure that you measure the size of your office.
• Color. Since many modern good looking cabinets have accent colors either on the entire fronts or the handles, you need to consider the color. This will help create a sleek and subtle look.
If you are looking or the best home office furniture filing cabinets, it’s advisable to keep any that you find in the basket so you can review later. This will help you get a cabinet that’s suitable for your needs.