The Best Dehumidifier In 2020
If you’re a savvy homeowner then you may dread humidity. Not only can it cause damage in the home but also create discomfort over time. Although refrigerator type humidifiers may be the most well-known, desiccant ones also do a great job. Just as their name suggests, these humidifiers pull in the air and pass it over a material such as silica gel, which naturally absorbs moisture. It’s the reason why you’ll always find little packets of silica gel inside electronic goods or new shoes.
Are you looking for a great dehumidifier bargain? Then check out today’s top deals below. Or to read our guide and tips on buying dehumidifier equipment, please click here.
Since the technology behind them is very simple and effective, dehumidifies mostly vary in strength and size. A portable dehumidifier for basement refers to the one mostly found in home improvement. These dehumidifiers are not only relatively cheap but also lightweight as well. They are designed in such a way that they are the most effective ones to be used in smaller spaces such as the kitchen and bathroom. There are also the largest ones that are used to augment homes with existing heating, air conditioning, and ventilating system. However, to install these you’ll have to hire a professional to help you. Overall, whichever one that you choose it will help you keep your home greener and free from humid. If you are looking for the best dehumidifier with pump, click here to read our in-depth review about the best ones.
Benefits of dehumidifier
Dehumidifiers are soon becoming one of the most commonly used units in modern homes. Because of this nowadays several technologically advanced humidifiers contradict the fact that they are noisy and addition to your house chores. The current units are quitter, compact and less expensive. Chances are, while it’s running you’ll not even have the opportunity to get used to it. So, if you are not yet decided to buy one even when all the signs are red then you need to change your mind. Here are some of the key benefits that you’ll enjoy from the best whole house dehumidifier.
• They help you go from damper to drier. The only place that you can call home is a warm cozy place. Because of this, the last thing that you would want is to feel uncomfy and damp. Since the air can dampen anything that it gets into contact with, the dampness in the air is among the worst kinds of dampness that exists. From your precious books to expensive vintage furniture thus dampness won’t pity anything. That’s the reason why people use a dehumidifier. It will lower the level of humidity by absorbing excess moisture so you can get back to a drier comfortable home.
• Combats mildew and mold. Did you know that there is no better place than your damp house for the growth of mildew and mold? They’re the main cause of health-associated problems such as allergic reactions and asthma. Even worse, if you continuously expose yourself to mildew and moisture you are likely to suffer from disorders of the nervous system and depression. Although preventing seepage and fixing leaking faucets is a good idea that will only help you for a very short time. If you want to solve the problem for good you need to get the right desiccant dehumidifier. This is according to dehumidifier reviews.
• It will help you get rid of musty smells. A musty odor is usually caused by excess humidity which gives rise to the growth of mildew and mold. These fungi normally release bad smell which is then absorbed by the surrounding environment such as furniture, walls, and fabrics. This is not only frustrating but also damaging to the comfort of your home. However, if you place the best dehumidifier Costco inside musty smelling places such as your crawl spaces, basement, and laundry room, you’ll not only get rid of all the annoying moisture but also nip the unwelcome smell from your home.
• Prevents the growth of dust mites. Although they are very tiny, dust mites normally cause people to cringe with disgust. They are the invisible occupants of your mattresses, bedspreads, carpets, curtains, rags and every other fabric out there. To make it worse, they usually feed on organic waste materials such as the skin that you shed. Although they are found in almost every home they normally increase in numbers if your home is damp. Thankfully, with the best commercial dehumidifier, you can significantly get rid of them.
• Minimized condensation. Condensation is a major problem in most homes. Even water heating, cooking showers, and baths can cause condensation. Although the initial signs are only seen on mirrors and streaming windows, later on, it will result in damp patches, wallpapers and shrinking of wood. So, the best thing is to minimize or get rid of it totally by using the best humidifier.
• Health is wealth. All these benefits of dehumidifiers will not only lead to a better but also a healthier life. Although dehumidifiers are not air purifiers, in the process of getting rid of additional moisture from the air, they contribute a lot in getting rid of impure air.
• Prevent warping and rusting. It’s a fact that moisture causes the wood to warp and metals to rust. If your home is wet then the excess moisture may lead to hinges rusting and door frames warping. This can end up leading to very expensive damage such as the door not shutting properly. More so, if there is excess moisture in your garage your tools can rust and your vehicles and bikes can significantly be affected. If you want to prevent these issues the best thing is to place the right Danby dehumidifier in the house.
• Shield your home. There is no better place to protect than a place that you call home. The best 70-pint dehumidifier will not only help you but also improve the décor of your home so your home can look better in the long run. It would help protect everything from fittings to furniture to bedspreads to walls and more.
Signs that you need a dehumidifier
Apart from suffering from constant symptoms of allergies, some signs may make you consider getting the best Ge dehumidifier. Here are some of the main signs that you need to look out for.
• Water stains on the ceilings and walls of your home.
• High humidity in rooms that are not properly ventilated such as the bathrooms.
• Frequent condensation on the windows and in some places of your home.
• Small black spots growing on the walls in areas that have high humidity.
• Mildew or mold smells.
• You may also consider buying the best dehumidifier if you stay in an apartment building since mildew and mold can easily go through the ventilation systems and can build up in the walls or apartments. Even if your room is very clean, allergens from other places of the building can significantly affect the health of your family. So, the best thing to do is to get the best dehumidifier.
Different types of dehumidifiers
When it comes to the functionality of dehumidifiers, there are different types that you can install in your room based on what you need. Here are the main types.
Refrigerator type dehumidifier
This type of best dehumidifier for basement works by cooling the air. Once the air has been brought in through an intake, it passes through a filter to remove the different particles of dirt, dust, and allergens that can be detrimental to the health and bothersome to different kinds of illnesses. A fan will then push the air over a set of coils that will then cool the air and make it condense and collect inside the collection tank. The dry air that has been cooled is then blown back into space.
This refrigerator type LG dehumidifier or industrial dehumidifier works well in places where there is a lot of colds. However, since you’ll have to empty the water collection tank once regularly and replace the filter on the season, they require a lot of attention. However, with regular maintenance and cleaning refrigerator style humidifier is not only strong but also very versatile because there is a variety of sizes out there. More so if you place it far from the wall you are unlikely to experience any malfunction.
In cold environments, using a target dehumidifier may not work well. This is because the coils that cool the air may freeze and refuse to work properly. With a desiccant humidifier, the refrigeration portion of the process is usually removed. Instead of cooling the air, a chemical drying agent is applied. Also known as a desiccant, this agent is placed on a heat exchange wheel and used to absorb moisture from the air before the air can be forced back to the environments through the vents. However, since most homes are kept at conducive temperatures, desiccant dehumidifiers are not very common. However, there are normally some exceptions to these and those who stay in colder places don’t warm their houses to a level that makes them work with the more common dehumidifier.
Portable bathroom dehumidifier
Most dehumidifiers that you see in home improvement stores are known as portable dehumidifiers. These dehumidifiers are not only inexpensive but also lightweight thus portable. Due to this, they are quite easy to transport from one place to another or even to a new location as well. Since they are framed in plastic, they don’t come with excess material or weight. Although they can last for long with proper care, they are not as strong as an industrial or whole house unit. There is also another type that’s used for restoration especially when there is water spill or damage that causes damage to office or home space. These humidifiers not only reduce the amount of water in the place but also significantly dry the space faster.
Heat pump dehumidifiers
This is also among the most common type of 30-pint dehumidifier. This type of Aprilaire dehumidifier use fan to pull the moist air into the unit and across the coil just like the refrigerator style. The condensed water will then drop into a bucket of water condensation tank that is then drained through a hose pipe. The main difference here is that the air will be warmed again before being blown back to the environment. They are, therefore, some of the best dehumidifiers to be used inside the home.
Check out today’s top 10 dehumidifier deals below…
- 4,500 SQ FT LARGE DEHUMIDIFIER - Our 15.4 x 11 x 24.3 inches dehumidifier with 1.8 gallon water tank capacity removes up to 50 pints (70 Pint 2012 DOE Standard) from the air per day depending on moisture condition and the size of your room. This is our largest, most capable model ideal for large rooms up to 4,500 square feet and/or very wet spaces.
- DESIGNED FOR THE MODERN HOME - That most dehumidifiers are clunky eyesores is news to nobody. We designed with the modern consumer in mind: a sleek clean look, convenient built-in wheels and handles, and a quiet fan that won’t drown out your current binge-watching obsession. Durability is key, too, which is why we offer a 2-year warranty, plus an extra 6 months if you register on our website.
- SUPER EASY TO USE - Dehumidifiers don’t need to be complicated, so ours isn’t. Adjust to your ideal moisture setting, then let it run its continuous 24-hour cycle until the tank is full, at which point it will automatically shut-off. Don’t got time for that? There’s also a drain hose outlet for continuous draining. The hose is not included; we recommend a ⅝” diameter garden hose with an internal threaded end, and optionally Teflon tape for extra security.
- ELIMINATES MOISTNESS, ODOR & OTHER THINGS YOU HATE - Moist is a bad word. Our portable dehumidifier reduces odors and allergens by removing bacteria from humid air through its built-in pump compressor. It also features a Turbo mode that increases fan speed from Normal Air CFM 165 (cubic feet per minute) to High Air CFM 188 for maximum moisture removal and odor reduction.
- YOUR SATISFACTION IS OUR PRIORITY - hOmeLabs offers a 1-year warranty and free return or exchange within 30 days of order receipt. We want you to be completely satisfied with your purchase. If you experience any issues, please contact us or any of our authorized sellers directly, and we will do everything we can to make things right!
- 1,500 SQ FT MEDIUM ROOM DEHUMIDIFIER - Our dehumidifier removes up to 22 pints (30 Pint 2012 DOE Standard) from the air per day. This Energy Star certified dehumidifier is fit to quickly and effectively absorb moisture with minimal energy consumption in medium to large rooms
- DESIGNED WITH YOU IN MIND - We designed the Moisture Maniac with convenience and style in mind. This dehumidifier sports a sleek, clean look with convenient built-in wheels and handles as well as a quiet fan that will do its job without you hearing it
- REAL EASY TO USE - It's a dehumidifier, not a rocket ship and our design reflects that. Simply adjust to your ideal moisture setting, let it run its continuous 24-hour cycle until the tank is full, where it'll then shut-off automatically. For added convenience, there’s also a drain hose outlet for continuous draining (NOTE: hose not included)
- ELIMINATES MOISTNESS, ODOR & OTHER NASTIES IN THE AIR- Our portable dehumidifier reduces odors and allergens by removing bacteria from the humid air. It also features a Turbo mode that increases fan speed from Normal Air CFM 129 (cubic feet per minute) to High Air CFM 138 for maximum moisture removal and odor reduction
- "IMPORTANT INFO - Dehumidifiers emit heat when in use (that’s how they work) and is intended for any indoor space up to 1,500 SQ FT. It measures 16.1 x 10.4 x 19.9 inches, has a 1 gallon water tank capacity, and removes up to 22 pints of moisture from the air per day."
- SMALL AND COMPACT: Lightweight, Compact and Portable, Capable of removing up to 9 ounces of water per day with a 16-ounce water tank capacity. Ideal for rooms up to 1200 cubic feet (150 sq ft).
- AUTO SHUT OFF: When full the dehumidifier will automatically shut off and the LED light will turn-on indicating the water tank needs draining. Simply empty the water tank and place it back into the dehumidifier.
- ULTRA-QUIET AND EFFICIENT: Built-in Thermo Electric Cooling Technology (Peltier) operates without a compressor meaning whisper quiet operation in bedrooms, bathrooms and offices.
- REMOVES 9 OUNCES OF WATER/DAY: Optimal function in room sizes up to 1200 cubic feet (150 sq ft).
- LOWERS HUMIDITY: Perfect for high humidity in your home, kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, caravan, garage, closet. Like all mini dehumidifiers, optimal operating temperature is 59-86°F. It will not work below 41°F.
- High-Efficiency Work: Small and compact dehumidifier with 16 ounces/ 500 ml capacity tank extracts up to 9 ounces/ 250 ml daily in enclosed and small rooms and spaces.
- Auto-Shutoff Function: Compact dehumidifier shut-off automatically when full water. Led would turn Red when the water tank needs draining. Easily removal and back into the dehumidifier.
- Ultra-Quiet& Efficient: Built-in Thermo-Electric Cooling Technology (Peltier) operates without a compressor meaning whisper-quiet operation in bedrooms, bathrooms, and offices. Perfect use at night and a small room.
- Save Space and Portable: It is mid-size, Perfect for removing from your home, kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, caravan, garage, closet. Like all mini dehumidifiers, the optimal operating temperature is 59-86°F. It will not work below 41°F.
- Take 9 Ounces Per Day: The optimal function in room sizes up to 1500 cubic feet (156 sq ft). And we provide one year's warranty.
- High-Efficiency Remove：AUZKIN air dehumidifier uses the Thermo-Electric Peltier tech to remove up to 16oz(450ml) of water per day in a humid environment of 86°F and 80% RH. The grid at the air inlet can effectively eliminate other things in the air, creating a comfortable environment for you and your family.
- Low-Noise Tech：Use Thermo-Electric Peltier tech with no compressor makes dehumidifier lightweight and quiet, noise is less than 39dB, no annoying sound, not affect your work, sleep or study, suitable for use at night and in small spaces.
- Energy-Saving and Convenient：One-button start-up design requires just a touch of a button to start dehumidification. With a power consumption of only 40W/hour, the product uses only 0.96kW of electricity after you start it and runs continuously for 24 hours, which is more effective, more environmentally friendly and more affordable than traditional chemical absorbents.
- Auto Shut Off：Portable dehumidifier is programmed to automatically shut off once it has reached rated capacity, and the light will turn red to remind you that the tank needs to be emptied. Note: Product optimal operating temperature is 41°F-122°F, low temperature will affect the normal use of the product.
- Mini and Portable：This portable dehumidifier is the mini size (5.7 x 5.7 x 8.9 inches) and lightweight (2.87lb). You can easily move the dehumidifier to the place wherever you want to. It is a perfect fit for small rooms, wardrobe and locker.
- High Efficient: This home dehumidifier with 2000ml capacity can quickly and effectively removes up to 750ml (86℉, 80%RH) of moisture from the air per day in small spaces (100-269 sq.ft). Keep your house more comfortable and healthy
- Ultra Quiet: This electric dehumidifier powered by advanced technology with no compressor is whisper quiet during operation. Noise is below 60dB without annoying sound, offer quiet environment when you are sleeping or rest
- Auto Shut Off: Built in automatic shut off protection prevents flooding or water overflow. This small dehumidifier will shut off when water tank full, and the led indicator turn yellow. Simply empty the water tank and place it back into the dehumidifier
- Energy Saving: Upgrade dehumidifier is low energy consumption, not waste electricity. It's an ideal solution for absorbing moisture from your basement, bathroom, bedroom, kitchen, RV, caravan, garage, crawl space and baby room
- Small and Portable: This portable dehumidifier is mini size (8. 98 x 5.9 x 14.65 inches) and lightweight (5.64 lb). You can easily move the dehumidifier to the place wherever you want to. Its optimal operating temperature is 59 - 86°F. It will not work below 50°F.
- SpaceWise PORTABLE DEHUMIDIFIER FOR WET ROOMS: Ideal for rooms from 1500-3000 sq. ft that are classified as damp to wet. When moisture is excessive, this dehumidifier removes up to 50 pints of water per day, drying the air quickly and efficiently. Included rolling casters and integrated top and side handles make it easy and convenient to set up and put away, depending on the weather.
- EFFECTIVE HUMIDITY CONTROL: This dehumidifier quietly removes excess moisture from the air, preventing mold and mildew, keeping your family safe and healthy. Fit for use in any damp spaces of the home, including attics, basements, bathrooms, and garages.
- RELIABLE MOISTURE REMOVAL: With Effortless Humidity Control and 2 fan speeds, it is easy to customize the comfort level you desire. Effortless Automatic Shut-Off and Effortless Full Tank Alert will let you know when the 2-gallon capacity bucket needs emptying. Or, set the unit to Effortless Continuous Drain mode, attach a standard garden hose (not included), and breathe easy as the unit runs independently, maintaining your indoor air quality.
- EFFORTLESS CLEAN FILTER: The benefits of this dehumidifier go beyond moisture removal thanks to the washable mesh filter that cleans the air of dust and allergens, reduces bacteria, and freshens the air.
- EASY ACCESS BUCKET: The front pull-out bucket features full-height indents to make removal easy at any point. An integrated carry handle and splash guards ensure emptying the bucket is easy and keep you and your environment dry. A convenient front water level indicator provides at-a-glance updates as to status.
- 【Large Dehumidifier with Powerful & Durable Compressor】Vacplus improves dehumidifying efficiency by 25% - removing up to 50 pints (under 90% RH @ 86°F condition) moisture per day, which helps to prevent the peeling of wallpaper & your furniture away from odors. The dehumidifying efficiency is affected by the air flow, the smaller space means more obvious effect. PS. The amount of dehumidification may change with temperatures & humidity environment.
- 【Full-featured WIFI Remote & 4 Operation Modes】 Vacplus dehumidifier provides the WIFI remote via the Tuyasmart APP that expands the limits of this dehumidifier for bathroom: remote switch; humidity monitoring and adjustment; 4 operation modes to choose ( standard / raining / drying / sleep ) - No more repeatedly leaving your bed or couch to adjust it and combating condensation & damp with further energy savings due to smart app scheduling! And rare is its 35.9 dB average sound while working.
- 【Constant Humidity & Well-lit LED Control Panel】Vacplus basement dehumidifiers for home, featured with intelligent constant humidity can monitor humidity levels and adjust itself to maintain the selected one - saves you from repeatedly turning the portable dehumidifier on / off. For easier use, the featured top mounted control panel with LED display uses 3 colors to remind you the present humidity. Best choice for baby, pregnant woman, and the old.
- 【24-hr Timer & Optional Drainage】 Vacplus bathroom dehumidifier provides you with 24-hr Timer: you can program it to turn on / off after a specified amount of time, which helps you save money on a tariff offering cheaper energy at certain times of a day. Additionally, this basement dehumidifier can automatically shut off when the 3.1L-tank (with splash guard) is full. And you can also use the dehumidifier drain hose connection to free yourself from the hassle of emptying the bucket.
- 【100% Risk-Free Satisfaction】 If you are not 100% satisfied with your Vacplus dehumidifier under normal use within 2 years, we promise to offer you a replacement or a full refund. If there are any problems, don’t hesitate to contact us. Vacplus always pays 120% attention to our customers - each Vacplus dehumidifier will be meticulously tested by our in-house engineering team to proactively address and prevent design or mechanical issues. Buy Vacplus now!
- HEALTHIER LIFESTYLE - Too much humidity usually leads to uncomfortable and unhealthy living space. JESE dehumidifier extracts moisture and offers you ideal humidity. It works better between 59F and 95F, with rated humidity of 45%-90% and with good ventilation around the device.
- POWERFUL IN SMALL SIZE - Compact and portable size with powerful dehumidification though. JESE Dehumidifier removes up to 9oz of water per day with a 18oz water tank, which is perfect for small rooms between 110-220 square feet like bedroom, bathroom, RV trailer, Camper or Caravan.
- WHISPER QUIET OPERATION- Without using compressor, JESE Dehumidifier is built in electric semiconductor cooling system, it works super quietly lower than 30dB. Even if you’re sleeping and working, you can keep the dehumidifier running in your bedroom or study.
- SAFETY & ENERGE SAVING - JESE dehumidifier shuts off automatically when the tank is full or drawn out. That’s why it’s also energy saving and bill friendly, especially it consumes only 0.528kwh/day. When full, the indicator light shuts off to remind you of emptying the water tank.
- PACKAGE&WARRANTY - Dehumidifier x1, User Manual x1, 1-month free trial, 2-Year warranty for parts and accessories, 10-Year warranty for the motor and lifetime support. If you have any dissatisfaction with our dehumidifier, please feel free to write us emails. We’re always here to offering responsible assistance.
- Ultra-Quiet Technology: Use peltier technology with no compressor makes it lightweight and quiet. Noise is below 33dB with no annoying sound, offer quiet and sound when you are sleeping.
- Compact And Convenient For Small Areas: Compact mini dehumidifier with 700 ml capacity tank extracts up to 300 ml (86℉,80%RH) of moisture daily to purify air in small spaces and a convenient option for baby room or other small indoor spaces. is below 33dB with no annoying sound,offer quiet and sound sleeping.
- Energy Saving: Upgrade section dehumidifier with no chemical substances and low energy consumption, It Is an Ideal environmentally friendly solutions for absorbing damp and condensation. Energy saving and eco-friendly, not waste electricity.
- Auto Shut Off: This portable moisture absorber will be shuts off automatically when tank is full and water is ready for removal.
- Perfect After-sale Service: 30 days money back or exchange guarantee, 24 months warranty with professional customer service team to provide friendly and fast support.
usa.bestsellers.bargains is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com - Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.
Top tips for buying the best dehumidifiers
Since there are several dehumidifiers in the market you need to take your time to choose the best one based on your needs. Thankfully, with these tips, you’ll end up with the best one.
• Performance. This is perhaps one of the most important considerations when looking for the best dehumidifier. Although they are suitable for bigger spaces powerful dehumidifiers can be quite overwhelming and even excessively loud. But if you have a larger bedroom, you should get large models since most low output models may fall to improve the quality of the air.
• Water capacity. The capacity of the dehumidifier reservoir may be between 300 ml and 40 gallons. Although larger reservoirs and 1 gallon are recommended for mid to large size rooms, they may be too big for some places. You also need to keep in mind that water capacity is always connected to the humidifiers run uptime. This means the larger the tank the longer humidifier will release just or steam before the device can automatically shut.
• Weight and size. Although the humidifiers are meant to be compact and fit into most rooms, consumers should measure their space to ensure that the device will fit in its intended area. Measuring the sink is also recommended to ensure that the reservoir can be filled. Also, the buyers should check the total weight of the humidifier since they will always carry the device to the sink regularly to refill the reservoir.
• Coverage. It’s also very important to consider the area that you are intending your dehumidifier to cover. If you have a bigger area then you must buy one that’s equal to that area.
If you are looking for the best dehumidifier, it’s important to keep any that you get inside basket so you can review later. This way you’ll end up with the best one.