The Best Dehumidifier In 2020
If you’re a savvy homeowner then you may dread humidity. Not only can it cause damage in the home but also create discomfort over time. Although refrigerator type humidifiers may be the most well-known, desiccant ones also do a great job. Just as their name suggests, these humidifiers pull in the air and pass it over a material such as silica gel, which naturally absorbs moisture. It’s the reason why you’ll always find little packets of silica gel inside electronic goods or new shoes.
Are you looking for a great dehumidifier bargain? Then check out today’s top deals below. Or to read our guide and tips on buying dehumidifier equipment, please click here.
Since the technology behind them is very simple and effective, dehumidifies mostly vary in strength and size. A portable dehumidifier for basement refers to the one mostly found in home improvement. These dehumidifiers are not only relatively cheap but also lightweight as well. They are designed in such a way that they are the most effective ones to be used in smaller spaces such as the kitchen and bathroom. There are also the largest ones that are used to augment homes with existing heating, air conditioning, and ventilating system. However, to install these you’ll have to hire a professional to help you. Overall, whichever one that you choose it will help you keep your home greener and free from humid. If you are looking for the best dehumidifier with pump, click here to read our in-depth review about the best ones.
Benefits of dehumidifier
Dehumidifiers are soon becoming one of the most commonly used units in modern homes. Because of this nowadays several technologically advanced humidifiers contradict the fact that they are noisy and addition to your house chores. The current units are quitter, compact and less expensive. Chances are, while it’s running you’ll not even have the opportunity to get used to it. So, if you are not yet decided to buy one even when all the signs are red then you need to change your mind. Here are some of the key benefits that you’ll enjoy from the best whole house dehumidifier.
• They help you go from damper to drier. The only place that you can call home is a warm cozy place. Because of this, the last thing that you would want is to feel uncomfy and damp. Since the air can dampen anything that it gets into contact with, the dampness in the air is among the worst kinds of dampness that exists. From your precious books to expensive vintage furniture thus dampness won’t pity anything. That’s the reason why people use a dehumidifier. It will lower the level of humidity by absorbing excess moisture so you can get back to a drier comfortable home.
• Combats mildew and mold. Did you know that there is no better place than your damp house for the growth of mildew and mold? They’re the main cause of health-associated problems such as allergic reactions and asthma. Even worse, if you continuously expose yourself to mildew and moisture you are likely to suffer from disorders of the nervous system and depression. Although preventing seepage and fixing leaking faucets is a good idea that will only help you for a very short time. If you want to solve the problem for good you need to get the right desiccant dehumidifier. This is according to dehumidifier reviews.
• It will help you get rid of musty smells. A musty odor is usually caused by excess humidity which gives rise to the growth of mildew and mold. These fungi normally release bad smell which is then absorbed by the surrounding environment such as furniture, walls, and fabrics. This is not only frustrating but also damaging to the comfort of your home. However, if you place the best dehumidifier Costco inside musty smelling places such as your crawl spaces, basement, and laundry room, you’ll not only get rid of all the annoying moisture but also nip the unwelcome smell from your home.
• Prevents the growth of dust mites. Although they are very tiny, dust mites normally cause people to cringe with disgust. They are the invisible occupants of your mattresses, bedspreads, carpets, curtains, rags and every other fabric out there. To make it worse, they usually feed on organic waste materials such as the skin that you shed. Although they are found in almost every home they normally increase in numbers if your home is damp. Thankfully, with the best commercial dehumidifier, you can significantly get rid of them.
• Minimized condensation. Condensation is a major problem in most homes. Even water heating, cooking showers, and baths can cause condensation. Although the initial signs are only seen on mirrors and streaming windows, later on, it will result in damp patches, wallpapers and shrinking of wood. So, the best thing is to minimize or get rid of it totally by using the best humidifier.
• Health is wealth. All these benefits of dehumidifiers will not only lead to a better but also a healthier life. Although dehumidifiers are not air purifiers, in the process of getting rid of additional moisture from the air, they contribute a lot in getting rid of impure air.
• Prevent warping and rusting. It’s a fact that moisture causes the wood to warp and metals to rust. If your home is wet then the excess moisture may lead to hinges rusting and door frames warping. This can end up leading to very expensive damage such as the door not shutting properly. More so, if there is excess moisture in your garage your tools can rust and your vehicles and bikes can significantly be affected. If you want to prevent these issues the best thing is to place the right Danby dehumidifier in the house.
• Shield your home. There is no better place to protect than a place that you call home. The best 70-pint dehumidifier will not only help you but also improve the décor of your home so your home can look better in the long run. It would help protect everything from fittings to furniture to bedspreads to walls and more.
Signs that you need a dehumidifier
Apart from suffering from constant symptoms of allergies, some signs may make you consider getting the best Ge dehumidifier. Here are some of the main signs that you need to look out for.
• Water stains on the ceilings and walls of your home.
• High humidity in rooms that are not properly ventilated such as the bathrooms.
• Frequent condensation on the windows and in some places of your home.
• Small black spots growing on the walls in areas that have high humidity.
• Mildew or mold smells.
• You may also consider buying the best dehumidifier if you stay in an apartment building since mildew and mold can easily go through the ventilation systems and can build up in the walls or apartments. Even if your room is very clean, allergens from other places of the building can significantly affect the health of your family. So, the best thing to do is to get the best dehumidifier.
Different types of dehumidifiers
When it comes to the functionality of dehumidifiers, there are different types that you can install in your room based on what you need. Here are the main types.
Refrigerator type dehumidifier
This type of best dehumidifier for basement works by cooling the air. Once the air has been brought in through an intake, it passes through a filter to remove the different particles of dirt, dust, and allergens that can be detrimental to the health and bothersome to different kinds of illnesses. A fan will then push the air over a set of coils that will then cool the air and make it condense and collect inside the collection tank. The dry air that has been cooled is then blown back into space.
This refrigerator type LG dehumidifier or industrial dehumidifier works well in places where there is a lot of colds. However, since you’ll have to empty the water collection tank once regularly and replace the filter on the season, they require a lot of attention. However, with regular maintenance and cleaning refrigerator style humidifier is not only strong but also very versatile because there is a variety of sizes out there. More so if you place it far from the wall you are unlikely to experience any malfunction.
In cold environments, using a target dehumidifier may not work well. This is because the coils that cool the air may freeze and refuse to work properly. With a desiccant humidifier, the refrigeration portion of the process is usually removed. Instead of cooling the air, a chemical drying agent is applied. Also known as a desiccant, this agent is placed on a heat exchange wheel and used to absorb moisture from the air before the air can be forced back to the environments through the vents. However, since most homes are kept at conducive temperatures, desiccant dehumidifiers are not very common. However, there are normally some exceptions to these and those who stay in colder places don’t warm their houses to a level that makes them work with the more common dehumidifier.
Portable bathroom dehumidifier
Most dehumidifiers that you see in home improvement stores are known as portable dehumidifiers. These dehumidifiers are not only inexpensive but also lightweight thus portable. Due to this, they are quite easy to transport from one place to another or even to a new location as well. Since they are framed in plastic, they don’t come with excess material or weight. Although they can last for long with proper care, they are not as strong as an industrial or whole house unit. There is also another type that’s used for restoration especially when there is water spill or damage that causes damage to office or home space. These humidifiers not only reduce the amount of water in the place but also significantly dry the space faster.
Heat pump dehumidifiers
This is also among the most common type of 30-pint dehumidifier. This type of Aprilaire dehumidifier use fan to pull the moist air into the unit and across the coil just like the refrigerator style. The condensed water will then drop into a bucket of water condensation tank that is then drained through a hose pipe. The main difference here is that the air will be warmed again before being blown back to the environment. They are, therefore, some of the best dehumidifiers to be used inside the home.
Check out today’s top 10 dehumidifier deals below…
Top tips for buying the best dehumidifiers
Since there are several dehumidifiers in the market you need to take your time to choose the best one based on your needs. Thankfully, with these tips, you’ll end up with the best one.
• Performance. This is perhaps one of the most important considerations when looking for the best dehumidifier. Although they are suitable for bigger spaces powerful dehumidifiers can be quite overwhelming and even excessively loud. But if you have a larger bedroom, you should get large models since most low output models may fall to improve the quality of the air.
• Water capacity. The capacity of the dehumidifier reservoir may be between 300 ml and 40 gallons. Although larger reservoirs and 1 gallon are recommended for mid to large size rooms, they may be too big for some places. You also need to keep in mind that water capacity is always connected to the humidifiers run uptime. This means the larger the tank the longer humidifier will release just or steam before the device can automatically shut.
• Weight and size. Although the humidifiers are meant to be compact and fit into most rooms, consumers should measure their space to ensure that the device will fit in its intended area. Measuring the sink is also recommended to ensure that the reservoir can be filled. Also, the buyers should check the total weight of the humidifier since they will always carry the device to the sink regularly to refill the reservoir.
• Coverage. It’s also very important to consider the area that you are intending your dehumidifier to cover. If you have a bigger area then you must buy one that’s equal to that area.
If you are looking for the best dehumidifier, it’s important to keep any that you get inside basket so you can review later. This way you’ll end up with the best one.