Best Blood Pressure Monitors In 2020
Maybe you are soon starting treatment or hypertension, or your blood pressure has been increasing overtime. So, your doctor advises that you need to have your own blood pressure monitor that you can always use to help you track your blood pressure between visits. Good enough, right. But owing to the variety of blood pressure monitors currently in the market, how do you even start looking for the best blood pressure monitor?
Are you looking for a great blood pressure monitors bargain? Then check out today’s top deals below. Or to read our guide and tips on buying blood pressure monitors, please click here.
Don’t worry. If you are looking for the best blood pressure machine, click here to read our detailed review about some of the best blood pressure monitors currently in the market.
Benefits of a best home blood pressure monitor
• Self-measurement. This is probably the best thing about these blood monitors. You can actually use the best home blood pressure monitor to monitor your blood pressure alone. Since you can take the readings at the comfort of your home, you can get real figures even as you continue with your normal activities. Since most of them are accurate, you don’t need to worry.
• You can easily identify masked hypertension. Masked hypertension refers to the type of hypertension that can fluctuate between being normal and becoming higher when you are at home. Although your doctor may think that your blood pressure is normal, in reality, it can be higher. The best Omron wrist blood pressure monitor can, therefore, help you reveal high blood pressure outside the clinic.
• Measure your blood pressure over time. If you want to monitor your blood pressure over time, then the best life source blood pressure monitor can provide you with a more accurate profile. This is especially important when it comes to checking the efficacy of anti-hypertension drugs.
• Print your readings and send them to your doctor. With the evolution of technology, you can use your relion blood pressure monitor to print out your blood pressure readings and send them to your doctor just with one single click.
Types of blood pressure monitors
Wrist style. As compared to the upper arm blood pressure monitors, Omron wrist blood pressure monitors are significantly more discreet and smaller. Although the technology is still improving, these blood pressure monitors are not very accurate like their upper arm counterparts.
Upper arm style. These are the types of blood pressure monitors that most doctors usually use. This can be attributed to the fact that they are very accurate as compared to the other monitors. However, as compared to others, some of them are not only uncomfortable but also bulky.
Digital. Digital blood pressure monitor is the kind of monitor that’s self-inflating. As a matter of fact, some of them can even upload the information to a smartphone or on the internet. However, to use them, you need to have a source of power. While most of then use a battery, some are fitted with AC adapters.
Manual. Believe it or not, but old fashioned blood pressure monitors can be very much accurate provided they are calibrated well. More so, as compared to the digital ones, they tend to be least expensive. Also, you don’t need to have electricity for you to use them.
How to use your best blood pressure monitor correctly
The first step towards using the best Microlife blood pressure monitor is to take it to your doctor’s office to confirm that it’s working well. They should also test whether the results are the same as their results. It’s advisable to do this at least once a year to ensure that you are using the most accurate blood pressure monitor. It’s important to note that even the best automatic blood pressure monitor may sometimes record inaccurate findings. Here are some more tips to help you use it in the best way.
• Avoid talking any caffeine, smoking, or exercising at least 30 minutes before using the best digital blood pressure monitor.
• Before using the best blood pressure monitor, you need to relieve yourself and rest for at least 5 minutes.
• Make sure that the cuff of the blood pressure monitor is wrapped around your bare arm and not on top of any cloth between the cuff and the skin.
• Sit on a strong chair that has a supportive back while ensuring that your feet are flat on the floor. Also, ensure that the cuff of the finger blood pressure monitor is on the same level as your heart.
• Always use it or take readings the same time mornings and evenings for the period that the doctor has advised. Besides, you need to take the readings at least three times one minute apart each. Finally, you need to record the readings and send them to your physician.
Are the wrist blood pressure monitors accurate?
If used exactly as advised by the doctors, some wrist pressure monitor accuracy may be fine. However, according to the Heart Association of America, you need to use the best pressure monitor that records blood pressure on your arm instead of the one using finger or wrist pressure monitors. Since wrist pressure monitors are very sensitive to the body for you to obtain the real reading, you need to ensure that your wrist and heart are at the same level. But the recordings taken at the wrist level are usually not very accurate than the one taken at the upper arm. This can be attributed to the fact that the blood arteries are smaller than and not very deep as the ones found inside your skin.
However, some people cannot measure their pressure at the upper arms because their upper arms are large. In such cases, the only best alternative is to use the wrist. Depending on the device used, it’s also normal for the blood pressure taken inside the doctor’s office and at home not to be the same. With wrist pressure monitors, it’s important to take the readings to the doctor’s office. Your doctor will then record your pressure using both the wrist pressure machine and the most accurate blood pressure monitor to confirm the most accurate one.
Check out today’s top 10 blood pressure monitors deals below…
Tips for buying the best blood pressure monitor
If you choose to check your blood pressure at home, then you’ll need to buy the best Withings blood pressure monitor. Since there is a wide range of monitors including Welch Allyn blood pressure monitor and Panasonic blood pressure monitor, currently available, you need to ensure that blood pressure monitor you are choosing is not only accurate but is also the best one. Here are some of the tips to help you choose the best one
• Check the fit. It’s important to ensure that the blood pressure monitor has a cuff that fits you well. To be certain, you can use a tape measure to measure your arm before settling on one. Thankfully, most models nowadays have a cuff that can be adjusted or tested to fit most people.
• Instead of wrist cuff, choose an arm cuff. Regardless of where you purchase it, you need to get a portable blood pressure monitor with cuff that you can wrap around your upper arm. Do not get the one that you have to use a stethoscope.
• Go for one that’s easy to use. The best high blood pressure machine should not only be easy to use, but the readings should also be clear enough. More so, the buttons should be intuitive and large enough, and the directions for using it should be clear.
• The amount of money that you have to spend. You don’t have to spend a fortune to get the best blood pressure machine. There are some that you can get with as little as 25 dollars. So, as long as it can do the work choose the one that fits in your budget.
• Know about the features that you need. When it comes to buying the best 24-hour blood pressure monitor, there are many features that you need to consider. It’s, therefore, important to know the features that you need.
• Know the time it takes to get the reading. Blood pressure monitors can take between 20 seconds to more than minute with wrist monitors capable of recording their readings quickly. How long the monitor takes to record the readings is, therefore, a very important consideration.
• The ability to store past readings. You may also need to choose an upper arm blood pressure monitor that’s capable of collecting and storing past readings. If you have more than one person faced with high blood pressure, then this can be a very important feature.
• Digits and buttons. The size of the digits and the buttons displayed on the wireless blood pressure monitor is also a very important consideration. This can be very good, especially if you are visually impaired.
Well, that’s all about the best blood pressure monitors. If you are looking for one, it’s a handy tip to put one that you’ve found in your basket so you can review later.